I love it when I find recipes that my kids love and that are healthy too…just don’t let them know! This recipe is so easy to make, just takes a little time to bake. Don’t worry about the plastic wrap melting in the oven. I was skeptical too, until I tried it. No problems! Give it a try and come back and let us know how your homemade fruit leather roll ups turned out!
Homemade Fruit Leather Roll Ups
- 2 Cups cut up strawberries
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150-170 degrees. If your oven doesn’t get that low just leave the door slightly open.
- Rinse and cut the green tops off the strawberries. Cut into small pieces.
- Put the strawberry pieces in a pot with a little water, I used about ¼ cup. Let simmer mostly covered until they are soft and mushy.
- Place the stewed strawberries, lemon juice and sugar in a blender or food processor. Mix everything until it’s fully blended and creamy.
- Line a tray that with plastic wrap. Brush slightly with olive oil.
- Pour strawberry mixture onto the lined pan and spread evenly.
- Put in the oven. I let mine bake for about 3 hours and then turned the oven off and let it sit in there over night. In the morning they were perfect!
- Cut into strips and enjoy!